Hate it or love it, the right motivational quotes can inspire you to take action. The other day, I was just sitting there staring at a blank page… dragging my feet, procrastinating, lacking motivation. Enter: Motivational Quotes.
That day, I just didn’t feel like writing the 5,000 word blog post I’d promised my client by that afternoon.
It’s normal to experience dips in motivation, to want to procrastinate instead of deal with the mountain of work that lies ahead. But at the end of the day, entrepreneurs know that you have to push past those feelings—and force yourself to do what’s at times difficult.
To help reset myself in these moments, I compiled this list of all my favorite motivational quotes as a reminder of why I’m here, what fuels my hustle, and just how short this life really is. We’re not here forever, people.
And sometimes, I need a shot of adrenaline to kick my ass into a higher gear.
A bucket of cold water poured straight on my head.
A nice hard slap across the face (ok, maybe that’s a little far).
A reality check.
If you’re going to make your side hustle a reality, you need to commit to identifying when you’re procrastinating, wasting time, avoiding the difficult tasks you should be doing. You have to push aside your feelings of doubt, self-pity, and go after what you want with a single-minded focus. That’s real hustle.
There’s sacrifice, hard work, and a lot of hustling ahead.
And even more importantly, why are you looking for motivation today? If you’re hoping to break into the world of entrepreneurship and build your own business, then stop delaying and let’s do this.
👋 By now you probably already know… one of the best ways to build your own business start with having a blog of your own. For that reason, I recently put together a free course that breaks down how to build a blog and I share the exact strategies I’ve used to turn my blog (this blog here) into a six-figure business.
Want my Free Course: How to Start a Blog in 7 Days?
Enter your name and email below and you'll get instant access to my course that's been featured on Forbes, Business Insider and Entrepreneur.
Now at this point, maybe you could use a few words of encouragement? Well, I've got your back with these motivational quotes. And if you'd rather listen to get your motivation, tune in to this motivational episode of my podcast with Lewis Howes.
How Lewis Howes Went From Broke to Earning $1 Million in Just 2 Years:
112 Motivational Quotes to Hustle You to Get Sh*t Done (and Succeed)
These motivational quotes will inspire you to do all that and more:
Motivational Quotes to Get You Pumped Up and Driven
These motivational quotes are perfect for getting into the right mindset for thinking big, accomplishing your most meaningful goals, and re-focusing on the larger picture of why you committed to this hustle in the first place.
1. "Good things happen to those who hustle." - Anais Nin
Good things (usually) don't just fall into your lap, and there's no use waiting around and hoping they will. Want to start a side hustle? Stop thinking and talking about it. Get started today, good things will happen when you work hard for them—and position yourself to identify which opportunities you can take advantage.
This motivational quote from Anais Nin, a prolific essayist and author during the early to mid-1900's, lives on the wall right above my desk. That's motivation.
2. “The dream is free. The hustle is sold separately.” – Unknown
It doesn't cost you anything to dream—time, money, or hard work. Hustle, on the other hand, costs all of that.
This motivational quote serves as a constant reminder to get my ass out of bed when my alarm goes off at 4:30am and it's time to get to work. No matter what time of day you work on your side hustle, you're going to be tired. Deal with it. Hustle through the difficulties.
3. “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” - Audre Lorde
The meaning of this motivational quote? Adopt a deliberate mindset, and don't be afraid to take chances.
This motivational quote is a reminder that if you want to be successful, you'll need to work like your life(style) depends on it.
4. “I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.” – Roald Dahl, “My Uncle Oswald”
Roald Dahl is on the money with this motivational quote. When in doubt, don't half-ass it. You can't afford to.
5. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” - Steve Jobs
It's a bit nihilistic, but it's also pretty damn motivating. What do you really have to lose in this life? Failure in business won't kill you, and you'll be able to get back into the game if you have the drive. Pick yourself up and hustle again.
This motivational quote from the late, great Steve Jobs is high on my list of motivating messages that re-center me when I get side-tracked worrying about what people will think of new projects I launch.
6. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
The best way to get your side hustle moving is to flex those creative muscles.
Use this motivational quote from the great Maya Angelou as motivation to create every single day—no matter how small or seemingly insignificant. The act of exercising your creative muscle will help you perfect your craft and become even better. Create. Create. Create.
7. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of, ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” - Marissa Mayer
Never stop challenging yourself. The day you do, you're falling behind.
The message of this motivational quote is that there may not be a perfect moment to take your chance, but you have to take it anyway.
8. “Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.” - Patti Smith
If you lose your ambition, you've lost the drive to succeed.
Keep that desire to be something greater burning inside of you, and bookmark this motivational quote—it'll get you through the tough times that lie ahead.
9. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” - Oprah Winfrey
If you feel like your side hustle is hitting a roadblock, reframe it: It's adjusting its center of gravity. This motivational quote is inspiration to constantly adapt in the face of challenges.
Any time you feel procrastination creeping in, strive to be aware of it and treat it like a plague—stop procrastinating the moment you realize you're doing it and find a reward for completion of the milestone. Tape this motivational quote to the wall above your computer 😉
10. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” - Sheryl Sandberg
Take a minute to think about that one.
If truly nothing was stopping you, nothing in your way, nothing to be afraid of, what would you do? This motivational quote is inspiration to do exactly that. Right now. What are you waiting for? Should you quit your job to pursue your side project that's gaining momentum? Well, maybe. You tell me. What are you afraid of?
11. “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old. They grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” – Gabriel García Márquez
Your passion for your dream will keep you young and invigorated.
This motivational quote is a reminder not to fall into the trap of contentment, laziness, or stagnation. Find a business idea that helps you achieve you're most meaningful goals in life—and keep pushing towards it until you're there.
12. "I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count." - Muhammad Ali
Going through the routine isn't good enough, and more importantly, it's not going to keep pushing you to grow.
This motivational quote is a reminder that the only way to get to the zone where you're growing, and pushing the limits, is to continue to push yourself beyond your comfort zone.
13. “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.” - Stephen Hawking
The meaning of life according to the big guy himself: dream, work, and love. Can't ask for much more than that.
This motivational quote is inspiration for us to chase only those pursuits which are worthy of our time in life.
14. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower." - Steve Jobs
Are you imitating or innovating?
Keep asking yourself that as you pursue your work, and use this motivational quote to push yourself in the right direction and strive to be a leader.
15. "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work." - Thomas Edison
No one has ever done anything important (perfectly) on the first try—failing once or even dozens of times—should never mean failing forever.
When I fail with a big project, don't land a new client I've been pitching, under-deliver on the results I was expecting, or get down about a cold email that went unanswered, I always limit the amount of time I allow for being discouraged, to no more than an afternoon.
After that, it's time to dust myself off, figure out where I went wrong, and start hustling again. This motivational quote is a constant reminder for me.
16. "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
It's easier to follow established career paths and societally acceptable professions, but if that's not going to make you the happiest version of yourself—then it's your responsibility to deviate from the path. Welcome to entrepreneurship.
Leaders carve out their own path instead of following the masses. Use this motivational quote as a reminder that it's up to you—to inspire others to follow you.
You can't expect people to flock to your cause; give them a compelling reason that they won't be able to ignore you any longer.
17. "You gotta run more than your mouth to escape the treadmill of mediocrity. A true hustler jogs during the day, and sleepwalks at night." - Jarod Kintz
Basically, put your money where your mouth is.
Don't just tell everyone about that great idea of your, those dreams of owning your own business—use this motivational quote as a reminder to actually make daily progress towards bringing it to life.
Learn the skills you'll need to excel, take the right online business courses to level up your game, network with the right people, find mentors. Don't make excuses—hustle hard.
18. "Lift up the weak; inspire the ignorant. Rescue the failures; encourage the deprived! Live to give. Don't only hustle for survival. Go, and settle for revival!" - Israelmore Ayivor
If you're doing what you do for just you, you're probably doing it wrong. Strive to do better, give back, and inspire others.
This motivational quote is a reminder that there's plenty of room for generosity in the hustle. And when you do pay it forward, the benefits you'll experience come back tenfold.
19. "Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself." - Anonymous
No one asks Bill Gates who he is. Use this motivational quote as inspiration to achieve greatness—remind yourself of that and you can't lose in the long run.
20. "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." - John Wooden
Success almost never comes in a neat package. This motivational quote will remind you to make the best of what you have, and what happens even if you fail.
21. "If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary." - Jim Rohn
Mediocre is easy. It takes work to become truly great. Learn to love the hustle.
If you want mediocrity, invest in a low risk, low return lifestyle.
You want to fulfill your dreams as an entrepreneur? You're going to have to hustle a lot. Save this motivational quote as the background on your phone so it serves as a constant reminder of what you're here on this planet to do.
22. "Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs
Be crazy enough to think you can change the world.
Use this motivational quote as a way to channel your motivation in a way that pushes you far outside of the box.
Motivational Quotes That'll Inspire You to Get Money
Money gets you things you need, things you want, and makes the world go 'round.
23. "Fuck you, pay me." -Ray Liotta, Goodfellas
This motivational quote is a constant reminder to value your work and your time. Demand that others value that too!
24. "You can't have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic." - Stephen C. Hogan
This motivational quote represents a common theme here... Don't expect big returns if you're not making big investments.
The purpose of this motivational quote? It's going to take hard work and consistent investment to reach the top of your mountain.
Keep in mind those investments can come in the form of your own education, too.
If you need to learn how to pitch your idea better, then find a mentor, take a class, attend workshops, practice your freelance proposal on friends & family until it exudes confidence. It's your time investment in this case, that'll help you level up in your business.
25. "I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy." - Warren Buffett
Stand out in the crowd, push your limits, and go left when others go right (when you have good reason to do so).
This motivational quote is a reminder that by doing zigging when others zag, you can capitalize on the gaps that other people are missing. And it's common business advice from the world's top entrepreneurs—as well as garnering widespread support throughout most of the best business books today.
26. "What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us." - Julia Cameron
Don't ignore your passions, they'll point you towards finding meaningful work in your life.
This motivational quote from writer Julia Cameron is a reminder to chase what we love doing—and to follow that relentlessly.
27. "It’s not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It’s the customer who pays the wages." - Henry Ford
Never forget that you're providing value to your customers, not just the employer who's hired you.
This motivational quote should serve as a reminder that no matter your business—you're always serving real people at the end of the day.
28. "If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know & start charging for it." - Kim Garst
Your money will come from knowing what you're worth and demanding to be paid—keep this motivational quote top of mind and you'll never veer from the right path.
While it's ok taking on a few heavily discounted or free projects as you build a portfolio for your freelance business, this motivational quote is a reminder that you won't get very far doing things just for "exposure," especially in the world of freelancing—or without having the best freelance contract in place, for that matter.
29. "Fortune sides with him who dares." - Virgil
Adapting this one to modern times, I'm a bigger fan of... "Fortune sides with those who dare." But you get the picture.
Use this motivational quote as inspiration to take a risk and stand out from the crowd.
To me, the core message of this motivational quote is that if you're brave enough, you'll be one of the only people pushing in a new direction, and if you're onto something... it could lead to success. Take that chance, step up your hustle and fortune will be on your side.
30. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” — James W. Frick
You might talk a big game about prioritizing your business, but if you're spending 50% of your budget on stuff you don't need, that speaks louder than words.
Align your budget with what you want your priorities to be. That's the secret to truly getting where you want to go.
Will achieving your goals take sacrifice? Of course, but I'd argue that most meaningful goals worthy of achieving in life should require sacrifice... otherwise they wouldn't be meaningful. If you want to build a flexible career for yourself landing some of the best work from home jobs, that's going to take time... effort... conviction... persistence. Show up, put in the time and financial investment it'll take to achieve your goals.
I think I just wrote my own motivational quote there 😂 ...
31. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” - Jim Rohn
Value your time more than your money, because your time is a finite resource.
Use this motivational quote as a reminder not to make the mistake of spending a lot of time doing something yourself, that would cost only a little bit to delegate to someone else. Manage your opportunities wisely.
32. “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” - Zig Ziglar
Hustling is all about staying balanced, especially if you're growing your side hustle while keeping your day job—with hopes of eventually taking your own business full-time.
This motivational quote is a reminder that you can dream big, still have a backup plan, but always stay focused on making the most of what crosses your path.
33. “The person who doesn’t know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn’t know where his last dollar went.” - Unknown
Don't lose track of your income and expenses—that's what will sustain you and help you plan for the future.
If you don't know exactly what's happening to your bank account, you don't have a good handle on your business. Use this motivational quote as a reminder to stay on top of your finances—because when you don't, the outcome won't be good.
34. “I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages.” - Robert Bosch
Paying people the minimum is the best way to make a profit in the short run, but paying people what they deserve is the best way to make a profit in the long run.
This motivational quote is a reminder to keep an eye on loyalty and to reward good work. Those two are just as important to your bottom line.
35. “The longer you're not taking action the more money you're losing” - Carrie Wilkerson
That time you're spending stagnating at your day job is time you could spend fueling your dream.
This motivational quote is another reminder not to let the day slip by without taking positive action to improve your state. Hustle, hustle, hustle.
36. “Never depend on single income. Make investments to create a second source” - Warren Buffett
Having one plan is a surefire way to have your plan fail. Always have backups! This applies to income, too—don't rely on one source.
This motivational quote from Warren Buffet is a reminder of why having a side hustle is no longer an option for people in our generation.
37. “To acquire money requires valor, to keep money requires prudence, and to spend money well is an art.” – Berthold Auerbach
Take risks to make money, practice patience to keep money, and spend that money wisely and deliberately.
In that way you're never a slave to to your money, but you can always make it work for you. This motivational quote reminds me to think twice before spending the money I work so hard to generate for my business.
38. “The more you learn, the more you earn.” ― Warren Buffett
You are your most valuable investment, so invest in yourself!
This motivational quote should be a reminder that you can never stop growing and gaining knowledge, because that's what will drive your life (business) forward.
39. “The trouble for most people is they don’t decide to get wealthy, they just dream about it.” – Michael Masters
Like we said earlier, dreaming is free and accomplishes nothing.
Put your dreams into motion and see what happens with this motivational quote driving you forward.
40. “The money you attract is the exact measure of value of the ideas you have succeeded in externalizing.” – Elizabeth Towne
This motivational quote is deep and extremely insightful—soak it in for a moment.
If you feel like you're not charging what you're worth & you're leaving money on the table, your real challenge is learning how to better sell yourself & communicate the value you have to deliver. If you're not delivering enough value, hustle to figure out how.
Focus on creating something of value, and the money you make will tell you how valuable others find it (and that's the true measure of value anyway).
41. “All my life I knew that there was all the money you could want out there. All you have to do is go after it.” – Curtis Carlson
The only thing that is separating you and the wealth you want to accrue is what you're willing to do to get it.
This motivational quote is a reminder for me every single day. Nothing comes easily, but if you're willing to grind your way towards your goals and do whatever it takes to get there, you can make anything happen.
42. “It’s simple arithmetic: Your income can grow only to the extent that you do.” – T. Harv Eker
If you stagnate, your business will stagnate. If you're lazy, your side hustle will suffer.
This motivational quote keeps me in check that I'll need to always push forward and see how far I can grow myself—if I hope to grow my income too.
43. “There are three things you must do in order to become wealthy. You must have the right mindset, discover your purpose in life, and find a business that expresses that purpose.” – Andy Fuehl
Have you ever tried to pursue something you don't care about? I have, it's as fun as it sounds.
This motivational quote is inspiration that you can't start taking in the dough until you figure out what your calling is.
44. “Economy does not lie in sparing money, but in spending it wisely.” – Thomas Henry Huxley
If you starve your business of money, you won't be any better off than if you waste it recklessly.
This motivational quote is your daily reminder that you need to invest in yourself and your business (if you want to be successful), and that you can't let your cash flow die off sitting in a savings account—avoiding the necessary risks it'll take to grow your business.
Motivational Quotes to Inspire You to Wake up Early & Stay up Late
Sometimes you need that extra kick in the ass to make time for your side hustle, get out of bed, and get started. Consider this your kick.
45. "I'd rather hustle 24/7 than slave away 9-to-5." - Fat Joe
Sick of your day job? Use this motivational quote to adopt the mindset that you'll be willing to hustle every single hour outside of your day job and soon enough—you'll build your business into a full-time gig.
46. “Invest in your dreams. Grind now. Shine later.” – Unknown
Nothing comes easy, and you can't reap the rewards of your hard work until you actually do the hard work (duh).
So use this motivational quote as a boost to get straight to it!
47. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer
It's a total myth that some people are just naturally gifted and things come easily to them. A lot of times you're mistaking talent for a lot of practice and hard work. Good news for you: Practice and hard work are things that everyone can do, including you.
This motivational quote from professional baseball player, Don Zimmer, is indicative of just how much he had to work in order to become a successful player, himself. Hustle hard enough and you can overcome anyone with just natural talent.
48. “Hustle isn’t just working on the things you like. It means doing the things you don’t enjoy so you can do the things you love.” – Unknown
Instead of procrastinating on your least favorite tasks, see them as stepping stones to the future you want.
Keep this motivational quote in the back of your mind always—the journey may not be easy, but it will be worth it.
49. “Don’t stay in bed unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns
Ha! Now if this motivational quote doesn't drive you to get your ass up and out of bed in the morning, then I don't know what will. Your bed is warm and cozy and, unfortunately, pretty useless after you get the rest you need. Get up!
No matter how warm that bed is, you have to get out and greet the day head on with hustle and fury. That's the only option.
50. "I've got a dream that's worth more than my sleep." - Unknown
Sacrifice means giving up things that you care about—sleep is one of them.
This motivational quote should compel you to stop hitting snooze on that alarm, and get your ass out of bed in time to put in work on your side hustle
51. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” - Robert Tew
The struggle is real, and the struggle has a purpose.
This motivational quote is a catalyst for realizing that the struggle is actually toughening you up for the journey to come. Embrace it and work through it.
52. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” - Arthur Ashe
Just because Bill Gates hasn't handed you a million dollars doesn't mean you can't pursue your dream!
This motivational quote is a constant reminder that you need to work with what you have, including those extra hours on the weekends that you spend watching tv and out at the bars.
53. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined!” - Thoreau
There are a lot of reasons people don't pursue their dreams of a successful future, but none of them are great.
Use this motivational quote as a reminder that you need to figure out where you want to end up—then put in the hustle to get yourself there.
54. “Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.” - Bill Murray
Failures are important only to learn from, but don't waste your life wallowing in regrets of the past. As Bill Murray says, you'll never do a damn thing, if you allow that worry to cripple you.
This motivational quote from the incredible Bill Murray is simple, yet oh so true.
From transitioning to a new career and becoming a freelance designer, to starting a new side project, investing in the right online courses to help build your marketing skills, cutting your teeth getting experience creating content marketing strategies, or otherwise—push forward into your new ventures with confidence.
55. "Many people think they want things, but they don't really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want, if you want it badly enough." - Sophia Loren
A little harsh Sophia, but true. This is why you hear so many people talk about the thing they're going to invent, or the business they're going to start, and they never get there in the end.
They don't have the discipline—so if you want to be different, you need to have the discipline.
Use this motivational quote as a reminder that no matter how bad you think you want something, how hard you're willing to work for it is the true measure of your desire.
56. "Be not afraid of going slowly. Be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese proverb
Incremental progress is still progress. Don't let your goals overwhelm you or lead to paralysis of analysis. As long as you're doing everything you can to work towards that dream, even if it's a slow road, stay on the road.
This motivational quote should hustle you to keep pushing forward and stop procrastinating on what you want to achieve. Taking steps up the mountain every single day, that bring your ever so closer to your larger goals.
57. "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne
No one ever said it wasn't scary to pursue a building your own side business with the goal of quitting your day job. A lot of people don't want to risk the consistency and dependability of their 9-to-5.
This motivational quote serves to reminder you that you can't afford to be most people.
58. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do." - Mark Twain
When we have regrets, they tend to be about the things we didn't put effort into. Put all the effort in that your side hustle deserves, and you won't regret it.
This motivational quote is a constant reminder that you have little to lose by taking risks—but everything to lose if you never even try.
59. "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao Tzu
This is the ultimate GET UP and keep moving motivational quote.
It doesn't matter how far you have to go to get where you want, you have to get up and take that first step.
This motivational quote actually applies to all areas of life—if you're training for a marathon, working to lose weight, build a business, each of these journeys must begin with just one step.
60. "If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work." - Thomas J. Watson
Remember... full ass only. There is no room for half assing your way to the top of the mountain, ya hear?
Use this motivational quote as a kick to keep taking positive steps forward every single day.
61. "Persist – don’t take no for an answer. If you’re happy to sit at your desk and not take any risk, you’ll be sitting at your desk for the next 20 years." - David Rubenstein
On that note, if you're happy to sit at your desk and not take any risk, then the entrepreneurial journey is probably not for you. It's going to take a lot of work (and motivation). But you're not happy with the desk job lifestyle, that's why you're here... right?
This motivational quote is also some of the best damn sales advice you could ever get. Whether you're selling your own product, pitching your services, or aiming to get a remote job you've been eyeing for weeks on a remote jobs website, commit to not taking no for an answer—find a way to make things work out in your favor.
62. "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." - Eleanor Roosevelt
This motivational quote is near and dear to me. Anytime I notice something on my calendar that I've been putting off doing for a while... that's a surefire sign that I just need to sit down and start executing, no matter how long it's going to take me.
Here's the reality: You can spend your time daydreaming or you can spend your time planning—which is the only thing that's going to help you reach your dreams. Whether you're putting off that goal to finally start freelancing, make money blogging or validate your business idea, there's no substitute for action. Let this motivational quote be a constant reminder of this fact.
63. "Mine’s a pretty simple strategy: there’s not a lot of talent here, but there’s a lot of hustle. I have to be in every place I can, and be busy." - Ryan Seacrest
There's always something to do, and in the world of business, you have to work hard to stand out from your competitors.
This motivational quote from entertainment entrepreneur, Ryan Seacrest, should stay top of mind when you're sitting around wondering what you could be doing to help further your dreams of self-employment.
64. "Opportunities don't happen. You create them." - Chris Grosser
Stop waiting for people to contact you, contact them. Stop hoping your audience will find you, bring yourself to them.
This motivational quote is a reminder—every opportunity that matters to your business will have to be created by you. Don't just wait for good things to fall into your lap, get out there and hustle to bring them your way.
65. "The hustle brings the dollar. The experience brings the knowledge. The persistence brings success." - Ross Simmonds
Money, knowledge, and success all happen when you get up and work for them.
To me, this motivational quote is a signal to work hard, learn from your mistakes, and keep pushing through the inevitable hard times that lie ahead.
Again, this motivational quote is a reminder that success comes from a coordination of everything working together—not just one character trait or skill alone.
66. "If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
Pushing through the hard times is one of the most important lessons every entrepreneur must learn first-hand.
This motivational quote is a reminder that when things suck, you'll need to get motivated to work until they don't, rather than get discouraged about the state of your situation.
67. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." - John D. Rockefeller
Good is okay. Good is your day job. Good is one source of income. But what about great?
Use this motivational quote to give yourself a jolt of energy when you're considering opportunities for the next big step in your career.
68. "He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him." - Dutch proverb
Another kick-in-the-pants, get-out-of-bed motivational quote.
The first step is always the hardest. Make it to the front door and you've resisted all the temptation there is, to sit on your ass in your living room. Now you just have to keep going.
Motivational Quotes That'll Make You Want to Get to Work Right Now
Time to buckle down and get to work. These motivational quotes will inspire you to grind.
69. “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” – Jim Rohn
What you know now is not enough to get where you want to be. You have to make the choice: lower your sights or learn more. I know which one you'll now pick.
This motivational quote is a reminder that you'll need to either turn up your hustle, or adjust your ambitions. You choose.
70. “Hustle beats talent when talent doesn’t hustle” – Ross Simmonds
If you have the best idea in the world but sit on your ass, the only thing you've done is sit on your ass.
This motivational quote is a reminder that you need to actually do the work in order to bring your idea to life. Sounds simple, but most wantrepreneurs are looking for shortcuts at every turn, rather than doing their best possible job.
71. "Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were." – David Rockefeller
Notice a theme? Grinding as an entrepreneur will never be easy, but at the end of the day it's always worth it.
This motivational quote is a reminder that when you put the energy into your side hustle, work hard at it, then opportunities will come your way.
72. “Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.” - Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan made his dreams come true, and so can you. This motivational quote from Jordan is testament to the fact that anyone can if they're determined enough.
This motivational quote is a constant reminder for you to keep working for what you believe in, because your dreams will never just fall into your lap.
73. “You see me I be work, work, work, work, work, work.” - Rihanna
You get the picture.
This light-hearted motivational quote from singer and song artist, Rihanna, is quite simple... you want to live a lifestyle like hers? Prepare to put in the work...
74. “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” - Vince Lombardi
Oh if only it were as easy as just falling into success—unless you have a rich grandparent on their deathbed or a head start from family that passes you a business that's already been built, success doesn't work that way. It takes hustle.
And here's the kicker—you'll only ever make it to the top of the mountain by discovering your strengths and finding a way that allows you to leverage them for helping others. This motivational quote should implore you to get climbing today.
75. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
It's easy to get overwhelmed in the face of tough decisions, and a lot of people get scared into inaction.
This motivational quote is a reminder that you just need to pick a direction and stick with it.
76. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle
Think of your future success as a product of the habits you build now. Make a habit of getting up early, sacrificing your television time, grinding it out, all to reach that future goal.
From the great philosopher, this motivational quote is simple—your daily habits will live on to define how successful you'll become.
77. "When I was young, I observed that 9 out of 10 things I did were failures. So I did 10 times more work." - George Bernard Shaw
You're going to fail a lot, the trick is getting up to make those early mistakes in the first place, and to keep going afterwards.
This motivational quote should inspire you to put in work every single day. It's a slow grind, but if you're willing to work hard—you'll get there one day.
78. "If you have an idea of what you want to do in your future, you must go at it with almost monastic obsession, be it music, the ballet or just a basic degree. You have to go at it single-mindedly and let nothing get in your way." - Henry Rollins
The only way you're going to accomplish those crazy big goals you have, is with laser-like focus and lots of work.
This motivational quote is my reminder that focused work is the only path to success.
79. "Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you." - William James
It's true what they say—if you really love it, it won't feel like work. Put all that passion and drive behind your dreams and you'll have all the energy you need to accomplish them.
This motivational quote should help you refocus on chasing only the opportunities that truly mean something to you.
80. "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." - Stephen King
Lots of people are talented, many people also prefer to kick back and watch movies all weekend, instead of chasing their dreams or making things happen.
Remember this motivational quote from bestselling author Stephen King, and choose to have someone catch you up on the next season of Game of Thrones—put in work on your side hustle during every free hour you have.
81. "Put your heart, mind, intellect, and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success." - Swami Sivananda
When you focus on making every detail perfect, you'll find that the positive effects impact your entire project more than you realize.
This motivational quote, from a Hindu spiritual teacher, goes deep on the topic of how to lead a successful life—it starts with getting the small things right. Build habits, practices, and a mental resilience that make your eventual success inevitable.
82. "The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves." - Garth Henrichs
In other words, get off your ass and get that elbow grease ready—your dreams are going to need some muscle.
This motivational quote is a reminder of just how much hard work plays a key role in becoming successful in business.
83. "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw
If the opportunity is there, take it.
This motivational quote is a reminder that even if the opportunity isn't sitting right there in front of you, you'll need to figure out how to create it. The first step is getting up.
84. “I want the peace in knowing that it wasn’t for lack of hustling that I missed a target for my dream. I want to know that the one thing in my control was under control.” - Jon Acuff
There are a lot of things outside of your control when starting a business. A lot of things you can't change or account for.
But remember, the one thing you can control is yourself, and the amount of work you're willing to put in to get your dreams on track.
This motivational quote from entrepreneur and bestselling author Jon Acuff, is a reminder that you can't let lack of hard work be the reason your side hustle doesn't make it. Hustle your ass off and something good will come of it—whether that lands you at your current dream or somewhere completely unpredictable.
85. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison
Don't shy away from an opportunity that needs a little work, because here's the truth—anything worth achieving in life won't be handed straight to you. You're going to have to put in the time and effort no matter how promising the opportunity may look on the surface.
The meaning of this motivational quote from Thomas Edison? You're going to have to roll your sleeves up and work hard if you hope to achieve any meaningful goals in life. If you're afraid of working hard to get there—you never will.
86. "It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it." - Vince Lombardi
Be that guy. We'll stand and cheer for you!
This motivational quote should inspire you to go after your dreams—and the reward you'll get for a job well done.
87. "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus." - Bruce Lee
The only extraordinary skill that it takes to succeed is single-minded drive, with a strong dash of persistence.
This motivational quote is a reminder that you don't need to be extraordinary at anything in order to be successful in business. All you need is a laser-like focus, commitment to learning, the ability to leverage the right tools when they come your way, and you're on the path to greatness.
88. "If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it!" - Jonathan Winters
Don't be afraid to pull some of those opportunities towards you.
This motivational quote is a constant reminder that you can't just sit back and wait for opportunities to come your way. Get your ass out to create them.
89. "People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar
Stay motivated daily, working daily, grinding daily. You'll get there.
Coming from one of the best salespeople in recent history, Zig Ziglar—who yes would still need to use a high-powered CRM in order to work his magic today—this motivational quote is one of the chief reasons I put this post together 😊
90. "If plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters." - Chris Guillebeau
Never count on plan A, and always think ahead to make sure you have lots of other options to take its place.
Another essential motivational quote, this time from entrepreneur and bestselling author Chris Guillebeau, for anyone launching a creative business.
91. "Quit hating and trying to be like the next man. Get on your own grind and be better than the next man, whether you gotta hustle, work a job, or whatever just do you." - Surgeo Bell
Trying to imitate others won't bring you the success you want (unless it's emulating something like their work ethic).
This motivational quote is a good reason to just do you, and do you better than you did you yesterday.
Motivational Quotes to Inspire You to Create Your Own Success
Creating more successful entrepreneurs—that's what these motivational quotes are all about, right?
92. “My entire life can be summed up in four words: I hustled. I conquered. ” – Unknown
Live your life and hustle until you conquer your goals.
Now if this isn't the ultimate motivational quote, I don't know what is. Talk is cheap. Work hard and prove your strength.
93. “Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition – in having put forth the best within you”. – Henry J. Kaiser
Instead of getting discouraged by challenges and setbacks, get inspired to overcome them!
This motivational quote is my reminder that we're only here once in this life.
94. “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t. So that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.” – Unknown
The beginning is all hustle and grind, but it helps to keep motivational quotes like this in the back of your mind—that light at the end of the tunnel.
This is one of the most consistently recited motivational quotes in my mind—remember why you're making sacrifices in the now, so that you can live a better tomorrow. Entrepreneurship is a long game.
95. "I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shots and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
That's a lot of failure for a guy with an award list so long I could never type it all out.
This motivational quote is proof that if you want to be as successful as Michael Jordan, be prepared to fail just as much.
96. “Hustle in silence and let your success make the noise.” – Unknown
You know those people that talk a lot about the grind, but don't seem to actually do much work? Don't be like those people.
This motivational quote is inspiration that you need to work hard, so that one day your success will speak for you.
97. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
It can help to remember that you shouldn't stop in the face of failure—or even success.
This motivational quote is the ever-reminder that nothing is final until we die. Both failure and success will come and go. Always keep pushing forward regardless—that's true hustle.
98. "Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." - Abraham Lincoln
If you truly believe in your side hustle, failures will only be learning opportunities.
Use this motivational quote as your guide during the dark times. Failure is never definitive until you decide to give into it.
99. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley
In other words, use everything (and every opportunity) that gets thrown at you, not just the good stuff—to achieve your goals.
If you want to start a food blog, but catch criticism and doubt from friends, turn that into motivation for fueling your success. Prove them wrong and use this motivational quote as a reminder of why you're here. Oh and head over here if you ever need more great blog post ideas to write about.
100. "The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way." - Dale Carnegie
If you throw up your hands at the sight of your first mistake, you'll never succeed. Business is a long game.
Use this motivational quote as a reminder that failure is part of the process. When you don't get a reply to that cold email, tweak your approach and keep moving. Learn from each one, don't make the same mistakes, and continue building on the progress you make each and every day.
101. “Success in general is a well-balanced blend of luck, DNA, confidence, and hustle.” - Gary Vaynerchuk
You have it in you, that's why you're here. The hustle is what will make it happen.
Coming from the hustle master (and guru of teaching people how to drive traffic to your website), Gary Vaynerchuk, this motivational quote is a solid reminder that your success in business will never be a function of just one character trait—cultivate a balance of confidence, drive, and prepare yourself to seize every opportunity that comes your way.
102. "It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success." - David Feherty
This motivational quote is a reminder that how you deal with any obstacle—lack of money, deals falling through—will pave the way to eventual success.
103. "Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." - Dale Carnegie
Figuring out why you failed is the most important part of being an entrepreneur.
Use this motivational quote to remind you that when you learn from your failures, and change course, you're on the way to winning.
104."Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning." - Robert Kiyosaki
Don't let your fears overpower you—just imagine how it'll feel to turn in that letter of resignation because your side hustle is ready to bloom.
This motivational quote is a reminder that the feeling you get from success matters more than the momentary downs you feel during failures.
105. "Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed." - Abraham Lincoln
It's easy to psych yourself out in business, it's not an easy road and no one is pretending it is.
This motivational quote is a force to help you stay confident, focused and trust that you'll get there in the end.
106. "If you set your goals ridiculously high and it's a failure, you will fail above everyone else's success." - James Cameron
It's like that cheesy motivational quote about shooting for the moon but falling among the stars, except a lot better because it's real.
This motivational quote is a reminder that if you set your goals high, even if you fail, you'll still fail high.
107. "Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence." - Lisa M. Amos
Be The Little Engine That Could.
This motivational quote is a reminder that 4 failures shouldn't even break your stride—when you're in this for the long haul, no amount of failures will deter you from the destiny you know you're meant for.
108. "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
From the maker of dreams himself, this motivational quote is a great reminder that you can do anything you set your mind to.
Let this motivational quote be your constant driver that success in business is going to take plenty of courage.
109. "Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them." - Vaibhav Shah
Your friends don't post their bad days on social media. Similarly, successful people don't often advertise their failures, or how much they sacrificed to get there. Trust that everyone goes through what you're going through, and you just have to get through it.
This motivational quote is there for you when you start a business with a friend and it goes downhill fast.
When decide to quit your job before you were ready and need to go back to the full-time grind.
When you're not sure what to do next, and are looking for ways to monetize your skills.
110. "The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra
If it makes you feel better, think of the look on your old boss's face when you finally grow your side hustle into a business that can support you and your family full-time.
Keep this motivational quote in your back pocket to remind yourself of how good it'll feel once you're working for yourself.
111. "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better." - Jim Rohn
Be willing to do what others won't, and you'll achieve a level of success others can only dream of.
This motivational quote should kick you into higher gear during tough times. Don't wish your obstacles would just disappear, learn how to overcome them.
112. "Success does not consist in never making mistakes, but in never making the same one a second time." - George Bernard Shaw
Live. Learn. Grow. What more can we tell you?
Keep this motivational quote in mind when you're stumbling, making mistakes, and experiencing failures. That's part of the process. However, if you can keep your hustle alive and learn from your mistakes, it's only a matter of time until you catch a big break.
What'd I miss?
Did I miss any of your favorite motivational quotes?
Share them below in the comments and I'll add them to this post!
Keep the hustle alive 💪