The good news is that great, reliable web hosting companies are (thankfully) a dime a dozen—but tracking down authentically green hosting plans, is a whole different ball game.
By this point, it’s safe to assume that you already know… yes web hosting impacts the environment. And some web hosting companies are starting to offer more options for green web hosting plans that can help reduce their carbon footprint and lower their burden to become more eco-friendly. So, if you’re environmentally conscious (as we all should be), then let’s take a close look at the best green hosting plans on the market today.
Whether you’re just starting a blog for the first time or you already run an affiliate website, or manage an online business presence, these green web hosting services have what it takes to meet your web hosting needs—and lower your impact on the environment at the same time.
10 Best Green Web Hosting Plans (Eco-Friendly Hosting) in 2023
- GreenGeeks: $2.95/mo (Green Web Hosting, Carbon Negative 300%)
- HostPapa: $3.95/mo (Carbon Neutral Green Hosting)
- iPage: $1.99/mo (Carbon Negative by 200%)
- A2 Hosting: $2.99/mo (Green Workplace Practices)
- InMotion Hosting: $5.99/mo (Energy Efficient, Tree Planting)
- Dreamhost: $2.95/mo (Green Workplace, Energy-Efficient Hardware)
- HostGator: $2.75/mo (Carbon Negative by 130%)
- Acorn Host: $3.95/mo (Carbon Neutral, Eco-Friendly Data Centers)
- Kualo: $3.95/mo (Carbon Neutral, Supports Reforestation Projects)
- Eco Web Hosting: $4.50/mo (Green Technology, Tree Planting)
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this blog and keep all of my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Quickly before we dive in and break down the top green web hosting providers, I’m going to address a few questions I’ve gotten from readers here over the years—all somewhat related to the overarching question of, is green hosting really that important?
The Unseen Environmental Impact of Web Hosting (Why Green Hosting is Important)
So here’s the big question—does web hosting really hurt the environment of our planet?
Unlike other industries (like auto emissions or fossil fuel burning factories) where it’s easy to see the effect they have on the environment, it may not be so apparent with web hosting. However, web hosting does leave a meaningful carbon footprint on the planet in several ways. So how does web hosting produce such a large amount of greenhouse gases?
Web hosting relies on massive data centers located all over the world. These colocation data centers require a lot of energy for them to run. They also need a lot of energy to keep them from overheating. And most of that energy comes from power grids that rely on fossil fuels.
And considering that these servers and their cooling systems run 24/7/365, the amount of energy they use is enormous. You’ll be shocked to know that web hosting accounts for almost 2% of the world’s carbon emissions. To put that in perspective, that’s nearly as much as the airline industry.
That’s why some hosting companies are coming up with innovative ways of offsetting their carbon footprint by offering green web hosting alternatives.
What is Green Web Hosting?
What is green web hosting? Green hosting refers to web hosting that relies on eco-friendly technology and practices, with the goal of offsetting their carbon footprint. The best green hosting providers do more overall good for the environment than they do harm.
Research shows that the energy usage required to keep data centers functioning (and websites running) is increasing by a whopping 9% every year. That’s why green hosting is fast becoming a priority that we all need to be considering today.
Some common ways web hosting providers offer green hosting include:
- Using renewable energy sources: This includes solar power, generating electricity from wind, and other eco-friendly power sources.
- Carbon credits: Green web hosting plans can get carbon offset certificates, also known as voluntary emission reduction certificates (VERs), that show that greenhouse gases have been reduced to the equivalent of the amount stated on the certificate.
- Renewable energy certificates: This involves purchasing renewable energy certificates (RECs) that show that you’ve used a certain amount of renewable energy.
- Energy-efficient systems: A big part of green web hosting lies in using energy-efficient hardware and software to minimize the amount of energy needed to keep servers cool and running.
- Sustainable practices: These include everything from recycling to promoting remote work to going paperless.
So, yes. Unfortunately, web hosting does impact the environment negatively in many ways. But you and your hosting provider can play a part in reducing the damage it does to our precious planet—and that’s where green hosting really comes into play.
Fortunately, some web hosting companies are paying attention to the impact their data centers have on the planet. They’re also listening to their customers who value preserving the environment and are looking for green solutions. We’ll look at the top ones you can consider for your hosting solutions. From analyzing the web hosting costs to examining their green practices, we’ll look at it all—so you know exactly what you’re getting.
With that, let dive in and look at the best green web hosting plans you can depend on for a reliable hosting service that also considers our environment.
1. GreenGeeks: $2.95/mo (Best Green Web Hosting Plan)
As the name suggests, GreenGeeks is a web hosting company that was founded with one simple mission—to provide reliable green web hosting plans to as many people (and businesses) as they can. Because green web hosting is at the core of their DNA, GreenGeeks are at the forefront of offering eco-friendly hosting solutions and have the most experience in this space.
To provide customers with super fast and ultra-green web hosting, GreenGeeks use only the most energy-efficient hardware and software for their data centers. They also purchase 3X the energy they use in the form of RECs. This makes GreenGeeks, in effect, carbon negative. As such, they’re the greenest web hosting solution on the planet.
GreenGeeks Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
Wondering what kind of hosting to expect from GreenGeeks? Well, they offer a great selection of only green web hosting plans, which include:
- Shared WordPress hosting ($2.95/mo to $11.95/mo)
- Reseller hosting ($19.95/mo to $34.95/mo)
- VPS plans ($39.95/mo to $109.95/mo)
As far as features go, GreenGeeks offers a lot of features that put them far out and ahead of all other green web hosting companies. With an intense focus on speed and reliability—backed by more than 12 years of providing exclusively eco-friendly hosting—GreenGeeks provides the best green web hosting plans on the market today.
Pros of GreenGeeks Web Hosting
- Excellent 24/7 customer service
- Free daily backups of your website
- 98%+ uptime guaranteed
- Superb performance and site speed
Cons of GreenGeeks Web Hosting
- Renewal price (after your first contract period) is a little higher than with some other green hosting providers
Overall, GreenGeeks is the best way to go if you want to run an eco-friendly website. Considering that they invest more than any other web hosting company into offsetting their carbon footprint (a whopping 300%), as well as their commitment to using the most energy-efficient equipment in their data centers, you’ll be getting the greenest web hosting on the market with them.
You can head over right here to get started with GreenGeeks for $2.95/mo, check out all the features they have to offer and see if they’re the right fit for your green hosting needs.
2. HostPapa: $3.95/mo (Green Web Hosting)
Another long-standing, reputable player in the hosting industry that offers competitive green web hosting plans, is HostPapa. They’re not only a veteran web hosting provider, but were also one of the early adopters to offer green web hosting plan options to their customers many years ago.
HostPapa has a number of different initiatives that help them provide green hosting. One of their main strategies for reducing their carbon footprint, is to purchase Renewable Energy Certificates, also known as RECs that offset their carbon emissions by 100%. They also contribute to causes that champion the production and use of renewable energy. When you purchase one of their green hosting plans, HostPapa gives you a badge to display so your website visitors know you’re helping to save the environment by using green web hosting.
HostPapa’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
As you can expect from a veteran green web hosting company, HostPapa has several green hosting plans for you to choose from:
- Shared web hosting ($3.95/mo to $12.95/mo)
- WordPress-optimized hosting ($3.95/mo to $12.95/mo)
- Managed WordPress hosting ($39.95/mo)
- Reseller hosting ($29.99/mo to $119.99/mo)
- VPS hosting ($19.99/mo to $249.99/mo)
When it comes to features, HostPapa doesn’t disappoint either—as you’ll get a ton of features (like a free domain name, free website migration, unlimited SSD storage and more) to help you get the most out of your hosting experience. If you’re a small business, you’ll particularly like how they balance their pricing with features & performance specs.
Pros of HostPapa’s Green Hosting
- Offers a selection of badges to show your website is eco-friendly
- Affordable hosting options for all types of websites
Cons of HostPapa’s Green Hosting
- Limited storage compared to other providers
- While support gets high marks, it can take a little time to get help
For small businesses looking for a very reliable green web hosting plan, HostPapa should be one of your first stops to compare and read up on. Aside from just the green factor, you’ll also get impressive value for your spend with them. So, if you want to get started with HostPapa and see what their green hosting plans have to offer, then head over right here.
3. iPage: $1.99/mo (Green Web Hosting)
iPage has built a name for itself by offering very competitively priced web hosting (though you do trade off in some departments like features & performance). But that’s not all the company is known for, as they’re fast gained popularity for having some of the most well-regarded green hosting plans on the market too.
iPage is one of the few web hosting companies that go the extra mile to ensure you’re getting an authentically green web hosting solution. By offsetting 200% of their carbon emissions through purchasing RECs, they’re in effect using 100% wind power and offsetting the carbon footprint of another entire company around their size, too. By purchasing one of their green hosting plans, you’re helping the Internet reduce its carbon footprint in a meaningful way.
iPage’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
iPage offers a variety of green web hosting plans for you to choose from, which include:
- Web hosting ($1.99/mo)
- VPS hosting ($19.99/mo to $79.99/mo)
- Dedicated hosting ($119.99/mo to $191.99/mo)
- WordPress Hosting ($3.75/mo to $6.95/mo)
With a robust feature set for each plan, iPage earns its rank in the top few spots for the best green web hosting services on the market today.
Pros of iPage’s Green Hosting
- Affordable pricing on their plans
- Offsets carbon footprint by 200%
- Great uptime record
Cons of iPage’s Green Hosting
- No free website backups
For green web hosting that starts at $1.99/month, iPage certainly offers many useful features, making it a great value-for-your-money web hosting platform. Not only will you enjoy great performance, but you’ll also have peace of mind knowing your website is virtually not impacting the environment. Head over and check out iPage’s offerings in the green hosting space today.
4. A2 Hosting: $2.99/mo (Green Web Hosting)
A2 Hosting is another web hosting service that has been offering green web hosting plans for a long time – as far back as 2007. Having been in the game for a long time, they’ve managed to engineer plans that marry eco-friendliness with reliability and performance.
To offer you green web hosting, A2 Hosting has partnered with organizations like Carbon Fund, an organization dedicated to a “zero-carbon” world. They also ensure that all their used servers are recycled, rather than just taking them to a landfill. A2 was also one of the first web hosting companies to offer energy-efficient SSD storage. Apart from that, they also occasionally run special promotions that involve planting trees for every new sign up they get.
A2 Hosting’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
So what’s on the green web hosting menu over at A2 Hosting?
- Shared hosting ($2.99/mo to $14.99/mo)
- WordPress hosting ($2.99/mo to $14.99/mo)
- Dedicated hosting ($99.95/mo to $290.49/mo)
- VPS hosting ($5.00/mo to $50.00/mo)
- Reseller hosting ($13.19/mo to $40.91/mo)
One thing that makes A2 Hosting stand out from their competition, is that they actually have many different green hosting plans for you to choose from. No matter your hosting needs, you’ll definitely find a plan that fits what you’re looking for, so give yourself a tour.
Pros of A2 Hosting’s Green Hosting Options
- Excellent technical support team
- Fast and reliable servers
- Impressive uptime
- Anytime money-back guarantee
Cons of A2 Hosting’s Green Hosting Options
- No free domain name including during sign up
With so many eco-friendly web hosting plans to choose from today, A2 Hosting earns its place amongst the top few players to consider as you look for your ideal hosting solution. With A2 Hosting, you’ll have a reliably green website that performs as well as any other provider on the market.
5. InMotion Hosting: $5.99/mo (Green Web Hosting)
InMotion Hosting has actually been offering green web hosting plans for a decade, starting back in 2010 early on in their company history. Most importantly, they believe in reducing their carbon footprint—not just offsetting it. And this shows in the way they run their own business.
For InMotion Hosting, the process of going green starts right in their own company offices. From increasing recycling to reducing the use of paper products, saving the planet is at the core of their workplace culture and feels very authentic to the people behind the brand.
InMotion Hosting also took green hosting to another level by opening the first-ever Green Data Center in Los Angeles. This particular data center utilizes advanced Outside Air Cooling technology, resulting in cooling costs being cut by as much as 70%. This results in their carbon output being reduced by more than 2,000 tons per year. InMotion Hosting also supports Trees For The Future, a non-profit organization through which they provide for the planting of 5,000 trees in the developing world—so it’s clear they put their money where their mouth is.
Comparing InMotion’s Green Hosting Plans
InMotion has four types of green hosting to keep your website online and serving the environment at the same time:
- Shared hosting ($5.99/mo to $14.99/mo)
- WordPress hosting ($6.99/mo to $19.99/mo)
- Dedicated hosting ($99.99/mo and $139.99/mo)
- VPS hosting ($5.00/mo to $29.99/mo)
InMotion is a strong contender for the best green web hosting plans award, thanks to the combination of their well-crafted plans and deep commitment to the environment. Moreover, their plans pack more features than much of the competition, on each tier.
Pros of InMotion’s Green Hosting
- Excellent shared and VPS hosting options
- Free website backups included
- 24/7 support and technical guidance
- Outstanding money-back guarantee
- 99.99% guaranteed uptime
Cons of InMotion’s Green Hosting
- While sounding great in theory, their green efforts aren’t as quantifiable as other green hosting providers
If you’re looking for a winning green hosting plan for your next project, InMotion should be on your list of the best services to consider.
6. Dreamhost: $2.95/mo (Green Web Hosting)
One of the most reliable web hosting service providers, that’s become (almost) synonymous with web hosting itself, is Dreamhost. And as such, they also offer some of the best green web hosting options on the market today.
When it comes to making the decision to go green, Dreamhost takes saving their corner of the planet seriously. From optimized HVAC and lighting systems to promoting remote work, Dreamhost makes sure everyone plays their part in reducing the company’s carbon footprint.
As for their data centers, Dreamhost has pulled out all the stops to ensure you get some of the best green hosting plans anywhere. They do this by using high-efficiency cooling systems and power-efficient processors. Additionally, Dreamhost partners with state-level clean energy programs and draws their energy resources from grids powered by green energy.
Dreamhost’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
As can be expected from a major player like Dreamhost, they offer quite a bevy of green hosting plans that include:
- Shared hosting ($2.95/mo and $4.95/mo)
- Managed WordPress hosting ($2.59/mo to $27.50/mo)
- Dedicated hosting ($149.00/mo and $279.00/mo)
- VPS hosting ($10.00/mo to $80.00/mo)
- Cloud hosting (starting at $4.50/mo)
Whatever your hosting needs may be, be sure that Dreamhost has the perfect green web hosting plan for you. And while their dedicated hosting may be pricier than the competition, their other plans are quite competitively priced and are worth your consideration.
Pros of Dreamhost’s Green Hosting
- Generous storage
- Most affordable green shared hosting plans
- Excellent guaranteed uptime of 99.97%
Cons of Dreamhost’s Green Hosting
- No 24/7 technical support, but quick turnaround times on ticket requests
Going with a veteran and very well-known web hosting provider like Dreamhost is a safe bet when you’re looking for the best green web hosting plans that’ll actually stand the test of time. While they may not offset their carbon emissions to the same degree as competitors, they do implement best practices that help them drastically reduce their carbon footprint beyond your average web host.
7. HostGator: $2.75/mo (Green Web Hosting)
Whether you use their hosting services or not, you have to get a laugh out of the little blue and yellow gator that serves as HostGator’s mascot. Either way, you will love the fact that HostGator believes strongly in offering green hosting solutions to their customer base.
HostGator has actually been providing green web hosting plans since 2008 by way of purchasing RECs. With these, they offset their carbon emissions by 130%. That’s equivalent to saving the planet from a whopping 3,600 tons of greenhouse gas emissions each year, which is an impressive feat compared to many of their competitors.
Apart from RECs, HostGator also practices green hosting by ensuring its hardware and software are efficient, thereby ensuring that every bit of energy is used responsibly. On top of that, they publish resources to educate web designers and webmasters on building and running sustainable websites.
HostGator’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
When it comes to hosting, HostGator knows what they’re doing. That’s why they have some of the most affordable green web hosting plans you can find:
- Shared hosting ($2.75/mo to $5.95/mo)
- WordPress hosting ($5.95/mo to $9.95/mo)
- Dedicated hosting ($89.98/mo to $139.99/mo)
- VPS hosting ($19.95/mo to $39.95/mo)
- Cloud hosting ($4.95/mo to $9.95/mo)
- Reseller hosting ($19.95/mo to $24.95/mo)
If there’s one thing HostGator is known for, it’s affordable yet powerful hosting options. This makes them one of the go-to platforms for green hosting plans that won’t break the bank.
Pros of HostGator’s Green Hosting
- Very affordable web hosting
- Almost everything is unmetered
- Offers a lot of options in terms of hosting type as well as tiers
- Lots of free extra features
- Guaranteed uptime of 99.9%
- Excellent 24/7 customer support
Cons of HostGator’s Green Hosting
- Somewhat average website speeds
- Aggressive up-sells during the checkout process
- Domain renewal fees can get pricy
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly green web hosting plan, I have no doubt you’ll find what you need at HostGator. However, if speed and performance are your top priorities, you’ll have to consider higher-performance green hosting plans offered by companies like GreenGeeks, too.
8. Acorn Host: $3.95/mo (Green Web Hosting)
Right from the name, you can probably tell that this small web hosting company—and being based out of Portland, Oregon means they’re very dedicated to eco-friendly hosting. Founded way back in 2002, Acorn Host has been providing green web hosting since 2006 and mainly caters to students, non-profits and small business owners.
Born from a vision to provide ethical businesses with the best green hosting plans, Acorn Host takes environmental conservation seriously. Aside from purchasing RECs to cover 100% of the energy used to run their servers and office equipment, Acorn Host also chooses to work only with eco-friendly data centers. Since being a fully green hosting company is at the core of Acorn Host’s vision, recycling plays a big part in their bid to provide the best green web hosting options to their customers.
Acorn Host’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
Unlike other web hosting companies on this list, Acorn Host doesn’t offer many options—as they serve a relatively niche market. Here’s a glimpse of their regular pricing structure:
It’s important to note though, that Acorn Host also offers green hosting plans for non-profits (priced at $3.95/mo and $5.95/mo) as well as for students and teachers ($4.95/mo). From their pricing breaks alone, you easily get the sense that the team behind Acorn Host are genuinely kind people.
Pros of Acorn Host’s Green Hosting
- 24/7 technical support
- Reliable hosting and uptime
- Unlimited email
- Site management and analytics tools
Cons of Acorn Host’s Green Hosting
- Limited storage and bandwidth
- Limited hosting plan options (but all are green)
- Plans are pricy compared to the competition
If you’re looking for a small company that believes in running an ethical business, offers excellent service and tops it all off with eco-friendly green hosting plans… then Acorn Host may be exactly what you’re looking for.
9. Kualo: $3.95/mo (Green Web Hosting)
Kualo is a fast expanding UK-based web hosting company with data centers in both the UK and America—they’re fast becoming popular with people looking for green hosting plans in particular. And if you’re wondering about their name… it’s an acronym for Knowledgeable, Uptime, Accountable, Love and Originality. Pretty cool if you ask me.
For both its Uk and US data centers, Kualo uses 100% renewable energy. But Kualo took green hosting seriously from its inception as their data centers were built with efficiency in mind right from the beginning.
Another way Kualo minimizes its carbon footprint is by implementing green policies that include going paperless and recycling, among others. The company’s commitment to becoming carbon negative has also led them on a drive to invest in responsible carbon offsetting as well as reforestation. This has led to 21,267 trees being planted to date and over 216.34 tons of carbon being offset.
Kualo’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
One of the factors that make Kualo stand out among other green web hosting platforms, is that it offers more green hosting options than just about anyone else on the market.
- Shared hosting ($3.99/mo to $9.99/mo)
- Business hosting/semi-dedicated hosting ($9.99/mo to $64.99/mo)
- WordPress hosting ($3.99/mo to $9.99/mo)
- VPS hosting ($29.99/mo to $599.99/mo)
Kualo also has reseller hosting plans that all come with introductory offers of $1.00/mo, so it can be a great company for web developers to work with. After that, renewals start at $14.99/mo and go all the way to $69.99/mo, so look at the fine print during your checkout process. Apart from these, you can also get eCommerce-specific hosting like Magento hosting, OpenCart hosting, Prestashop hosting and more through Kualo.
Pros of Kualo’s Green Hosting
- Very flexible green web hosting plans
- Super fast server technology
- Aggressively works towards being carbon negative
- Powerful, fast and reliable servers
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Generous 60-day money-back guarantee
Cons of Kualo’s Green Hosting
- Limited storage on some plans
- Renewal prices can be steep depending upon your plan
Kualo may be a relatively small, under-the-radar web hosting company today, but their green hosting plans definitely pack a punch. That being said, I’d only recommend going with them if you plan on monetizing your blog soon—as you might feel the pinch of going green at renewal time with this service provider.
10. Eco Web Hosting: $4.50/mo (Green Web Hosting)
Eco Web Hosting is not your typical web hosting provider—and the name says it all. They’re one of the few web hosting providers dedicated to providing only green hosting plans.
So, how does this UK-based web hosting company ensure that you’re getting the best green web hosting? For one, Eco Web Hosting plants trees for each website they host, thereby offsetting their carbon footprint. They also run their offices on green business practices (these involve remote working and recycling) as well as using eco-friendly technology. As a result, over 16,300 trees have been planted and 940 tons of carbon emissions offset.
Apart from these initiatives, Eco Web Hosting also partners with many other organizations championing the cause for a carbon-free world.
Eco Web Hosting’s Green Web Hosting Plans Compared
Here’s what Eco Web Hosting offer in terms of their green web hosting plan prices (priced in British Pounds):
- Web hosting (£3.49/mo to £11.99/mo)
- Managed WordPress hosting (£5.99/mo to £39.99/mo)
- VPS hosting (£7.99/mo to £23.99/mo)
- Reseller hosting (£23.99/mo)
While Eco Web Hosting doesn’t have quite as many green web hosting plans as the other other providers on this list, their plans do come with a great set of features.
Pros of Eco Web Hosting’s Green Options
- 99.9% uptime
- Outstanding server performance
- Excellent support via live chat, ticketing, email and phone
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Cons of Eco Web Hosting’s Green Options
- Limited storage and bandwidth
- Fewer options as far as plans go
- Server locations currently limited to the UK only
Eco Web Hosting is one of the lesser known web hosting platforms on this list, but they provide exceptional service by all accounts. If you’re looking for a hosting service that offers some of the most authentic green web hosting plans, this could just be the diamond in the rough you’re looking for.
The Best Green Web Hosting Plans in 2023: How to Choose What’s Right for You
Choosing the best green web hosting plan for your needs isn’t often an easy task—especially if you’re still learning all the terminology thrown around in the industry.
So which green web hosting plans do I consider to be the absolute best to go with? While this will often greatly depend on any specific hosting needs you may already be aware of, here are my top three recommendations to consider choosing today:
Overall Best Green Hosting Plan: GreenGeeks ($2.95/mo)
GreenGeeks takes the cake in the green hosting space for three main reasons:
- They’re the most eco-friendly web hosting company on the market
- Their green web hosting offers exceptional performance, speed, uptime and reliability
- For the monthly price, GreenGeeks is one of the most affordable you can possibly choose
No matter your hosting needs or budget, you’ll definitely find a green web hosting plan that’s perfect for you with GreenGeeks and their many options. Head over right here to get started with GreenGeeks for $2.95/mo, check out all the features they have to offer and see if they’re the right fit for your green hosting needs.
Best Green Hosting Plans for Small Businesses: HostPapa ($3.95/mo)
If you’re looking for the best green web hosting plans tailored toward small businesses in particular, then HostPapa is an excellent choice. This is mainly because of:
- Their great default security features and protocols that come built in
- Easy-to-use website builder, tools and simple WordPress installation
- 24/7 world-class technical support standing by ready to help you
The only caveat with HostPapa, is that their plans are slightly more expensive than those with GreenGeeks. If you want to get started with HostPapa and compare what their green hosting plans have to offer, then head over right here.
Best Managed WordPress Green Hosting Plans: Dreamhost ($12.00/mo)
Don’t want to deal with the hassle of regularly managing your WordPress website from the perspective of updating plugins, monitoring site security and keeping your content backed up?
Then Dreamhost has the best green web hosting plans for you. Here’s why their managed WordPress hosting options are highly rated:
- Very knowledgeable, hands on technical support team
- Affordable plans with robust features
- Exceptional performance, uptime and security protocols
With Dreamhost for your managed WordPress hosting, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your website is in safe hands. Oh, and you’ll know your powerful hosting is also environmentally conscious. Head over and check out the eco-friendly managed hosting options Dreamhost has to offer right here.
Final Thoughts: Green Hosting Will (Soon) Power a Sustainable Internet
With the planet reeling under the impact of our irresponsible stewardship, we need to do everything in our power to help reverse the damage we’ve contributed to.
And that starts by taking small steps like adopting sustainable practices and using eco-friendly technologies wherever we can. When it comes to hosting, going green is an easy place to start. With this comparison of the best green web hosting plans on the market today, choosing a sustainable hosting partner should now be much easier 🙂
So, it’s time to make your own choice—and if you don’t go with a green web hosting plan today, please consider it in the months & years to come.
Looking for more web hosting-related advice, reviews and comparisons? Check out a few of my most popular articles:
- 15 Best Web Hosting Plans for Bloggers to Choose This Year
- The 8 Best Monthly Hosting Plans (Month-to-Month Hosting)
- 6 Top Managed WordPress Hosting Plans for Advanced Bloggers
- 9 Cheap Web Hosting Plans to Launch on a Budget Today
- What is Shared Hosting? 10 Shared Hosting Plans to Use This Year
- 7 Best Free Web Hosting Plans (to Blog for Free) Right Now
- Bluehost Reviews: 25 Honest Reviews of the Hosting Company
- What is a Self-Hosted Blog? How to Choose What’s Best for You
If you’re still working on getting your blog off the ground and aren’t quite sure just how to go about it, check out my step-by-step tutorial about how to start a blog and make money.
Want to Start Your Blog (the Right Way)?
Check out my ultimate guide How to Start a Blog (on the Side).
4 replies to “10 Best Green Web Hosting Plans (Eco-Friendly Hosting) in 2023”
I actually operate a web hosting company myself, and I’ve been inspired over the years to go green also. When I first set up Lightyear Hosting for example, I ended up recognising the first objective to ‘going green’ was to literally focus on minimising the power consumption required for hosting websites by ‘shrinking’ the resources each website needs to load. It worked out when a website was smaller in size and required fewer resources to load, it used less bandwidth, consequently using less electricity, consequently not straining and demanding so much power from the servers power supply so much.
Wow, love to hear that James! Sounds like you’ve figured out a fantastic approach 🙌
Your blog is very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I really thank you for giving us better information. It is very helpful. I am really very happy to say that this post is very interesting to read. Good luck with the upcoming blog. We are also providing Managed IT service.
You’re welcome! Hope you find the right green web hosting for your needs 🙂